Monaco holds more than 500 events of all kinds every year. Thousands of visitors from around the globe are drawn to experience Monaco’s world-renowned events. From Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo and the iconic Formula 1 Grand Prix to the finest art and culture festivals, the most exciting shows and concerts, Monaco can introduce visitors to a world of glamorous year-round amusements.
Here are some examples of not-to-be missed events organised in Monaco every year:
• Monte-Carlo Car Rally
• Monte-Carlo International Circus Festival
• Monte-Carlo Historic Rally
• Monte-Carlo Spring Art Festival
• Monte-Carlo Rose Ball
• Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters
• Monaco Historic Grand Prix: A unique event of retro motor racing. Taking place every 2 years, 2 weeks before the Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix andon that same hair-raising street circuit, its various categories offer an eyepopping array of expertly preserved cars and a feel for what motorsport used to be like.
• Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix: The 4-day Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix is one of the most important and prestigious automobile races in the world, an event that has achieved almost mythical status in the years since its inauguration in 1929. Held each in May on city streets transformed with grandstands, pit garages and barriers, the so-called Circuit de Monaco, a 3.4-kilometre lap, includes tight corners, elevation changes and a tunnel.
Despite its relatively low speeds the Monaco circuit is considered the most difficult of Formula 1 races, the ultimate test of the harmony of man, team, and machine. Tickets must be bought in advance, but spectators watch from wherever they can, which often includes balconies, rooftops, and yachts.
• Monaco E-Prix: Also held biennially, the all-electric Monaco E-Prix was established in 2015 to promote clean mobility technologies and bring new values to the world of motor racing. The only international championship involving 100 per cent electric single seater cars, this is Formula E: fast, furious, energy efficient.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
After the cancellation of the most important car racing events in Monaco due to the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020, the Automobile Club de Monaco (ACM) has decided that it will exceptionally organise 3 Grand Prix events in 2021, in the space of one month.
The year 2021 will be exceptional since past, present and future will be showcased in 3 prestigious events in the streets of the Principality:
12th Monaco Historic Grand Prix (23-25 Apr 2021)
4th Monaco E-Prix (8 May 2021)
78th Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix (20-23 May 2021)
• Top Marques – Luxury Car Show
• Monte-Carlo Television Festival
• Monte-Carlo International Show Jumping
• SPORTEL: International Sport, Television and New Media
• Events celebrating Monaco’s National Day
• Monte-Carlo Jazz Festival
• Monaco Dance Forum
• Monaco Christmas Market